This app is part of the UCLA Mindful Awareness Research Center in Los Angeles, California and has a simple interface that doesn’t feel cluttered with too many options and choice. It’s simple and is a good starting point for mindfulness meditation.
The app offers:
- Basic Meditations for getting started, in both English and Spanish
- Wellness Meditations for people suffering from challenging health conditions
- Informative videos exploring how to get started, supportive meditation postures, and the science of mindfulness
- Weekly podcasts from UCLA’s Hammer Museum – a 30 minute meditation on different themes you can search for and bookmark
- A timer to meditate on your own